Welcome! I’m delighted you’d like to learn more about Life Junctions
I help talented and caring women find time and energy for meaningful work and people they love. (Many people call what we do “work-life balance,” but I try to avoid this term. I explain why it is limiting here.)
Most of my clients have been smart women who felt stuck not knowing what they want to do with their lives. Rather than silently suffer on their own, they hired me to help them set aside the time and figure out their next move.
Since starting my coaching practice in 2008, I’ve learned a great deal working with my clients. Together we’ve uncovered customized solutions to feel…
- More confident to take on new endeavors, like returning to work, finding a better job, or starting a new business
- More concentrated or focused on what really matters and what works best in order to manage time better, feel less overloaded and be more successful
- More calm and joy even when life is difficult or frustrating
- More connected to the people we care about so that we also feel nourished and less drained
If you, too, would like to get unstuck and find ways to live a more meaningful and satisfying life, click here to learn more about my coaching practice. Or, if you’re eager to get started, you can book a session, or request a consultation.
The lessons my clients and I learned together were too good to keep to myself, so I began writing a newsletter and started speaking to various audiences. I’ve also written an ebook. I confess, it’s not always easy, but for the most part, I find my work very rewarding.
My goal is provide clients, readers, and audiences with the most relevant research, stories and examples, strategies and tips so that they (you) can make small tweaks to live a more fulfilling and meaningful now.
Ready to get started? Here are some links to try:
- Life Junctions Newsletter is issued once a month. You can find past articles here and sign up here.
- Don’t have time to read? I occasionally summarize key take-aways from helpful books in Stacy’s Book Notes. You can find past notes here, and sign up here.
- For those who want to get unstuck and figure out what to do with their lives, I wrote a short ebook, The Lighthouse Method, which you can learn more about here and purchase here.
- Don’t just take my word for it. Here’s what the press and media have said about my work and some very kind words from clients, audiences, and those who have hired me as a speaker.
- And, again, if you’re eager to get started and would like to hire me as a coach, you can book a session for a Life Junctions Check-Up, or request a consultation.
Welcome! I’d love to hear from you…email me by clicking here.
A bit more what I do/did outside of Life Junctions
Before starting Life Junctions, I had studied work-family issues and early childhood education for over 15 years. I have worked for such institutions as Columbia University’s National Center for Children and Families and the Families and Work Institute, where I coauthored Feeling Overworked: When Work Becomes Too Much with two of my mentors Ellen Galinsky and James T. Bond.
I earned my doctorate in educational policy and leadership at the University of Pennsylvania; my coaching certification at the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching (iPEC), an International Coach Federation-accredited program; and my bachelor’s degree at Northwestern University (Go Cats!).
I was born in Seoul, grew up in the Evanston, Los Angeles, and Honolulu and currently live with my husband and two children in New York City.
I love to knit. I like to garden. I am still learning to play tennis and swim.
For a formal bio, click here.